It’s easy to fall out-of-love with our job. Especially when the honeymoon phase is over.
We become frustrated with false starts and ideas that go nowhere.
We feel left behind when favorite colleagues leave for seemingly better opportunities.
Before you decide it’s time to break up with your job for good, you may be surprised to find you can rekindle the spark.
7 Ways to Fall Back In Love With Your Job
- Reassess whether your expectations are realistic. Where exactly does your job fall short? Conversely, where does you job align with your most important values? Evaluate the degree in which the job is truly out-of-sync with what matters most to you.
- Find meaning outside of work. Get involved in a cause or organization you care deeply about.
- Create fresh opportunities for yourself. Seek out a new project/assignment/role or rotate into a different department.
- Build relationships with colleagues outside of work. Connect with your co-workers in a more relaxed and social environment.
- Find someone to mentor.
- Talk to an objective outsider. They may offer another perspective and help you see that the grass is often greener …
- Celebrate wins and successes.
Just like relationships, we experience different phases with our job.
Try a few of these ideas and then decide if it’s time to break up or if it’s possible keep the love alive.