Agile Learning in a Salesforce Implementation
This national financial services organization implemented Salesforce.com across many business lines, yet adoption after implementation remained low. The IT organization addressed gaps in the functionality, but the system required a new way of working. Our goal was to increase understanding and motivation to cause a behavior change and work differently.
Course of Action:
- We did a broad-based assessment to identify the current state and the actions needed to increase adoption.
- We developed and implemented a learning and adoption strategy that included:
- Built a robust network of system Champions to be key change leaders, system “power users”, and the governance team for product growth
- Developed self-paced, ‘bite-sized’, online learning modules & guided exercises for learning at point of need
- Developed a training approach & content that addressed the national system requirements but allowed flexibility for local and regional offices to address specific operational needs
- Designed and delivered communications to keep users apprised of new functionality, new user groups and key business initiatives
- Our team partnered with the Salesforce IT team to provide guidance and input to testing, releases, and communications.
1.These changes moved this client from a reactive classroom model to a proactive nimble learning approach based on need.
2.The active champion network proactively identified issues and took action that increased operational adoption and minimized disruption.
3.Consistent user training content provided more rapid and measurable training activity.