Comprehensive Global Talent Development Program
The R & D division of this Fortune 50 global products organization needed to quickly design and launch their global learning program. They lacked an overarching learning strategy or program, so each geography developed capability and talent independently with extensive duplication and limited collaboration. We partnered with this leadership team to develop, launch, and implement a comprehensive global university based on business priorities and by defining the critical experiences for advancement.
Course of Action:
- We assessed each country’s training content and identified courses that could be quickly converted and updated into globally relevant virtual learning options.
- Our team developed the new learning priorities and related curricula based on business priorities.
- We designed the new virtual global university program and structure, including the creation of global university deans (recognized global experts) to provide guidance on needed curricula and learning needs.
- We developed all communications for the university launch, including creative video sharing from teams worldwide, media, video, and podcasting to drive engagement.
- Our team developed the global Fellows program to introduce a very selective career path for the most respected technical leaders in research and development. We also program managed the Fellows program for the first year to ensure the global implementation was true to the design.
- We analyzed & confirmed the critical experiences that most influenced career progression for key roles. This work was incorporated into career pathing, developmental plans, and succession planning.
This client created a global university and talent program in a very accelerated timeframe and ensured that learning and careers were built based on the global business strategy.