HEALTHCARE Client Success Story
Learning From Classroom to On-the-Job
This Fortune 20 healthcare leader wanted the classroom experience to result in ‘on the job’ behavior changes. We became their learning partner to design a plan that reinforced and measured learning through technology and active involvement from the participant’s manager. This project also helped reframe learning to application in work and less reliance on a one-time classroom event.
Course of Action:
- We designed a ‘Practice & Apply’ process for encouraging individual accountability to drive behavior change through follow-up and reinforcement after an education event.
- Our team created Practice & Apply as an agile solution aligned with a year-long leadership development program activated through follow-up communications and utilization of an external app.
- We developed customized scenarios presented to training participants after classroom training at timed intervals to actively reinforce ongoing learning and application to real work experiences.
- We created leadership scenarios relevant to participant’s jobs to be completed at their work location.
- We worked with the Learning & Development team to ensure that the managers monitored, coached, and provided feedback on their participant’s progress by leveraging a simple set of tools and resources.
- This client realized multiple benefits from implementing Practice & Apply, including increased employee accountability and ownership to apply learning on the job.
- This program increased manager engagement in developing future leaders and an overall commitment to daily employee development.