Organizational Assessment for Strategic Integration
This Fortune 100 distribution client required an innovative and strategic technology leadership and function to meet their growth objectives. There was no internal alignment on how to shift technology from an internal support function to a strategic enabler of their business model. They needed external expertise to provide a fresh look at their organization, practices, leadership and governance and provide strategic recommendations.
Course of Action:
- We led a comprehensive organizational review through four dimensions:
- Organizational desired outcomes & success measures
- Organization model and roles to determine if the structure enabled their goals
- Led a process review to identify overlaps, dependencies and risk areas
- Identified governance & decision-making risk areas that slowed or delayed critical decisions
- Our team worked to align their senior executives by leading working sessions to define the technology requirements based on business need, including prior obstacles related to process and governance.
- We developed comprehensive recommendations for improving business results, including a roadmap to enhance role, process, and organizational clarity. The new recommended operating model was based on a product development life cycle clarifying roles, responsibilities, communication, processes, and coordination.
This work provided the CEO with the insight to reshape the technology leadership and organization based on business goals.