Salesforce.com Adoption and Learning Program
This national financial services organization implemented Salesforce.com across many of their various business lines with very low adoption. The IT organization addressed gaps in the functionality, but the system required a new way of working.
Course of Action:
PeopleResults conducted interviews with key leaders and system users to identify the current state and opportunities for improvement.
Developed a learning and adoption strategy that:
- Built a robust network of system Champions as key change leaders, system “power users”, and a governance team for product growth.
- Developed self-paced, bite-sized, online learning modules and guided exercises to address multiple learning needs.
- Developed a training approach and materials that addressed the national system requirements, but allowed for local and regional operational needs.
- Designed and delivered communications to keep users apprised of new functionality, new groups brought on to the system and key business initiatives.
- Partnered with the Salesforce IT team to provide input to testing, releases, and communications.
This new approach eliminated the need for instructor-led training for new hires so training occurred quickly, based on need. This active champion network works together to identify system needs, resolve operational adoption issues, and act as the first line of training and support. All user training driven with the same content provided more rapid, consistent, and measurable training activity.