With the recent passing of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg at age 87, we at PeopleResults want to pause for a moment and take note of some of her many, many accomplishments… and the impact her work has had on all United States citizens, both men, and women.
According to the National Women’s Hall of Fame, she “worked her entire career to eliminate gender-based stereotyping in legislation and regulations”.
- The first person on both the Harvard University and Columbia University Law Review
- The co-founder of the ACLU’s Women’s Rights Project
- The second woman, and the first Jewish person, to sit on the Supreme Court
After her death on September 18, 2020, she was the first woman to lie in state at the US Capitol.
These are some of my favorite quotes from Justice Ginsburg, from which we can all continue to find inspiration:
- “Generally, change in our society is incremental. Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.”
- “So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune.”
- “Reacting in anger or annoyance will not advance one’s ability to persuade.”
- “Fight for the things that you care about; but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”
- “I’m a very strong believer in listening and learning from others.”
What change are you inspired to work to accomplish in the world? at work? at home? What’s the first step you can take toward making that happen? As Justice Ginsburg stated, it all starts with one step.