Have you ever seen Cirque du Soleil perform in person? If you have, there’s a good chance you won’t ever forget it. Their dancing, singing, aerialists and contortionists absolutely blow the audience away.
Over the holidays, my husband and I had the good fortune to of attending the newest Cirque du Soleil production, The Michael Jackson Immortal Tour. It was absolutely magical! (Our phenomenal seats probably helped too …)
Imagine your favorite music from the King of Pop played by a live band (rocking out!), as his videos were literally brought to life by the dance troupe before you. The aerialists swing from the rafters, never missing a beat in their choreography, the light show pulses (the performers costumes lighting up on cue), and it’s all punctuated by pyrotechnics. Meanwhile giant video screens show original music video footage of Michael Jackson himself in the background. It’s a feast for the sense all harmonizing together – truly amazing to experience!
My biggest challenge during the show was where to look – there was so much going on at once, and I didn’t want to miss a thing!
Do YOU ever feel that way in day-to-day life? especially at work?
- Do you find yourself looking at the incredible choreography the dancers are executing, and missing the amazing flips by the aerialists?
- Or in other words, last month you were focused on the challenges the Operations Department overcame, when the team in Marketing pulled together a fantastic promotion that doubled sales volume?
Sometimes it feels like life moves at warp speed and we need simplicity. In that vein, I offer up a few takeaways the music of the King of Pop reminded me of the other night:
- Beat it! – Let go of the small stuff; don’t let it defeat you. Start fresh with the new year
- I Just Can’t Stop Loving You – Find those 1 or 2 things you’re passionate about and spend your time and energy there. Life’s too short not to enjoy it!
- Man in the Mirror – If you want something to change, it all starts with you